2.16.2006

Another Reason Not to Watch Television


Moxie and I would still be in Logan had we heeded the sky-is-falling reports about today's driving conditions. True, there were slick spots. But in our trusty (and now filthy) Subaru we covered some 500 miles to blow in to Cheyenne by dinner time.

I realized today that the real trip hasn't started in my heart. I'm too focused on the work to be done in DC to really enjoy the journey just yet. I did focus on appreciating some scenery today, though. The mountains in northeastern Utah seem torn from the pages of a fairy tale. Wyoming's not so remarkable along the Interstate, except for the red-faced hillsides along the western border. But I'd still consider moving here just to get the cool cowboy license plate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, young adventurer, for heeding your instinct about traveling today. Glad you made it safely. Winter travel is under-rated, isn't it? Crisp whiteness and endless blue sky make driving across the West like driving through a painting. Hey, I forgot to mention that my best friend is living in Chicago for a few months if you need more contacts when you pass through there. She'll understand your circumstances. Be well.

01:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Beth, I'm loving your blog. I can't wait to see you when you come to DC, the invite still stands. We get back from Alaska on Monday the 27th, and don't think I'll be able to check email while away. Post another photo of the Moxie gal. love, -karen.

12:14  
Blogger Butterflyby said...

Thanks, pp - I'd love to meet someone cool enough to be your BFF! But I think I'm lucky enough to be booked in Chicago. I don't want to take too much time, since I've realized I'm rather preoccupied with what awaits in DC. Thank you for offering her up, though!

It really WAS beautiful driving in the snow. Snow like that doesn't happen back East... it's all grey and slushy as soon as it hits, it seems. It's really a treat in the West.

Thanks, Karen, for the continued invite! Let's def. be in touch when you get back. Have a great time in Alaska! Now THAT's a place to see some snow! Tell the hubby to ski safe. (And enjoy your reading!)

21:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home