2.15.2006

Burn, Baby, Burn


While packing, I'd found plenty of mementos that hurt too much to remain in this world. A receipt for a wedding ring (5 mm, 18 karat, size 6.5). A book of checks from a shared account. A button from a bridal show. So we called some friends and gathered 'round the fire pit under a Valentine's full moon. K burned a magazine that revealed she shares her birthday with a celebrity she finds insufferable. M burned a long-expired marriage certificate. Thank you, friends, for such a touching, festive send-off.

Next stop: Logan, Utah

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was honored to be one of the rotisserie chicks at your fire last night. Know that your friends will be thinking about you as you venture out on Day 1. The falling snow is so clean and beautiful. Tell your Outback and Moxie to be caring friends to you today.

10:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B!
Loved the Bonfire! Thanks for including me!
It was a great morning for take-off, wasn't it? A little skiff of snow, blasted away by all that sunshine...good omens for your first day on the road!
If you want the whole truth, I'm so jealous of your adventure...so keep up the blog, I'll be checking it often for vicarious road trip adventures!
Have Fun!
K

21:50  
Blogger Butterflyby said...

Thank you both so much for your support, P and K. I can't even begin to articulate how much it means.

Keep in touch! And please be liberal with suggestions... I'm open to it ALL! (When else am I likely to have a chance to see everything??)

With Ganesh around my neck and Hogue in my plastic hotel cup,
B

22:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home