6.16.2006

The Hi-Line

That's what they call this northern region of Montana. Craving a break from the bugs and noticing an absence of tiny tents on the map, I opted for a motel tonight. It's nice to relax without the constant threat of having my blood sucked.

I really like what I've seen of Montana. It's green and rolling with huge sky, true to its fame. I had trouble finding places to hike with Moxie, though, so she's restless tonight. We stopped several times at parks to play with her ball, then took a walk through town upon arrival in Shelby, a classic Western town known for once having hosted a pro-boxing-match-turned-comedy-of-errors. But there's nothing like a good hike to tire a puppy out. It looks like this frustration will continue tomorrow... Glacier National Park prohibits dogs on ALL of its trails! I can't very well drive by without stopping, but I also can't see leaving Moxie in the car while I go play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home