8.07.2006

Westward Ho: Another I-80 Trek

Outside of Chicago, we sat in traffic in triple-digit weather and thanked goodness we weren't piglets. This truck was full of them (note the tiny snout at bottom right), squealing wildly in what must have been miserable conditions. Does bacon really taste good enough to justify this?

We turned off the interstate into Medicine Bow National Forest in eastern Wyoming, but had to reason with this crew before entering.

This is Wyoming.

Moxie and her "aunt" Calico (my mom's dog) led the charge through the awesome forest in Medicine Bow. Here aspens quaked in the finger-numbing morning air -- such a relief from the heatwave back East.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a fun trip back from the family reunion!

I see those poor pigs in the truck everyday. I work across the street from Farmer Johns. The trucks pull into Farmer Johns full of cute little pigs, and leave empty. Then it smells like bacon the next day. So sad. So so so so so sad!

Tell Moxie that Gizmo and Gup Gup say HI

13:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Medicine Bow, Wyoming - WOW - that brings back memories of a trip out west years ago with Paul and Sarah. It was interesting country and a good family time. I'll look forward to your next entry.

13:17  
Blogger Butterflyby said...

Oh, Renee, it must be hard to see those piglets every day! You know, when I was little I seriously thought that the poem about the piggies going to market was about them going shopping!

And Paige, I think of your family every time I drive through Wyoming. When Paul came back from that trip, he told me he wanted to live in Laramie one day! I thought he was nuts then... not so much, now!

14:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home